Who is eligible to become a member of the OBA?
Membership is open to:
- Any former pupil who has attended Boston Grammar School for at least one year.
- Past or present members of staff.
How can I join?
Download the membership application form here. Return instructions are provided on the form itself – it can be returned via email or by post if more convenient.
What is the current membership fee?
£10 per annum. Members’ subscriptions are used to fund a range of items including:
- Prizes awarded to students at the end of each year.
- School resources and equipment.
- Financial assistance for current or recent students.
What are the benefits of membership?
- The OBA has its own magazine called “The Old Bostonian” which is published annually and distributed to all members. It contains a summary of the year’s news and sport from the OBA, BGS and people connected with BGS around the world.
- Invitations to attend school events and ceremonies such as Charter Day, Prize Giving and the Remembrance Service.
- Members are added to our email distribution list to receive key news and updates.
- The chance to keep in touch with school friends and the ongoing life of the school after you leave.
Does becoming a member bring any commitments?
We welcome any contributions that our members can make. However, becoming a member does not commit you to attend meetings or to give up your time.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
For any queries related to membership, or to update your personal details, please contact the OBA Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org